Morrwind: Third Trial

The third trial is to go the Cavern of the Incarnate and to get the Ring of Moon and Star. But the catch is all the details about that Cavern is hidden in a riddle, which goes as follows:

  • the eye of the needle in the teeth of the wind
  • the mouth of the cave lies in the skin of the pearl
  • the dream is the door and the star is the key

I spoke about this riddle to the ashlanders in the camp and found the following:
"The star is the Key" refers to the Azura's star which appears only in magical hour between day and night. This may mean that the door to the Cavern of the Incarnate will be open only during that time.

"the teeth of the wind" refers to the Airan's Teeth in the Valley of the wind, whose entrance is marked by two high rock spires.

With these assumptions, I went to the Airan's Teeth and found the Cavern of the Incarnate. But I cant get into the door. So, I waited till 6 AM and tried to go in. I went inside and saw Azura. She gave me the ring of Moon-and-Star. It is again confirmed that I am the Nerevarine. Also, I found the souls of some people who traveled the path of Incarnate, but failed. Each of them told me their story and gave me their precious artifacts.

morrowind,cavern, incarnate, map, location morrowind, moon, star, ring
Cavern of the Incarnate - Map Location
Ring of Moon and Star


With the Moon-and-Star ring, I went to Urshilaku Camp and met Sul-Matuul. He warned me of the danger for me from the Temple and recited me the needs and duties of Nerevarine. Then, he accepted me as Urshilaku Nerevarine. Then he reminded me of the forth trial to become the Hortator of all the three houses and fifth trial to be accepted as Nerevarine by all the four Velothi tribes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RRT II: Grand Prix Scenario

Gothic 1: Beaten Lefty and Rice Lord

AOE 2: Attila the Hun: The Scourge of God